• Chandragupta Maurya was the founder of Maurya Empire.
• Kautilya was in the court of Chandragupta Maurya and he had written the book titled
• Megasthenese was a Greek ambassador who came in the court of Chandragupta Maurya and
wrote the book titled 'INDICA'.
• Ashoka (273-232 B.C.) was the important king of this dynasty.
• He fought the Kalinga war (261 BC) and after that war he adopted Buddhism.
• He was the first Indian king to talk directly to the people throughout his empire.
• The last king of Maurya empire Brihadratha was killed by his commander in chief