Impacts of noise
Why bother about noise? Often neglected, noise induces a severe impact on humans
and on living organisms. Some of the adverse effects are summarized below.
· Annoyance: It creates annoyance to the receptors due to sound level fluctuations.
The aperiodic sound due to its irregular occurrences causes displeasure to hearing
and causes annoyance.
· Physiological effects: The physiological features like breathing amplitude, blood
pressure, heart-beat rate, pulse rate, blood cholesterol are effected.
· Loss of hearing: Long exposure to high sound levels cause loss of hearing. This is
mostly unnoticed, but has an adverse impact on hearing function.
· Human performance: The working performance of workers/human will be affected as
they'll be losing their concentration.
· Nervous system: It causes pain, ringing in the ears, feeling of tiredness, thereby
effecting the functioning of human system.
· Sleeplessness: It affects the sleeping there by inducing the people to become
restless and loose concentration and presence of mind during their activities
· Damage to material : The buildings and materials may get damaged by exposure to
infrasonic / ultrasonic waves and even get collapsed.