- Called as "giant stride" for the nation.
- Biggest warship to be built in the country.
- Will be equipped with modern weapons systems including long range surface-to-air missiles (LR SAM) and close-in weapons system (CIWS).
- Build started in year - November 2006
- Built at - Cochin Shipyard.
- Nearly 90% of INS Vikrant's hull has been built indigenously with DRDO and SAIL supplying high quality steel.
- Other nations capable of designing and building a ship of equivalent size are the US, the UK, Russia and France.