- Bills originating in Rajya Sabha which are still pending in that House do not lapse.
- Bills originating in Rajya Sabha which having been passed by the House and send to Lok Sabha and pending there lapse on the dissolution of Lok Sabha. i.e Bill becomes invalid.
- Bills originating in Lok Sabha which having been passed by that House and transmitted to Rajya Sabha and still pending there on the date of dissolution of Lok Sabha, lapse.
- Bills originating in Rajya Sabha and returned to that House by Lok Sabha with amendments and still pending there on the date of its dissolution, lapse.
- A Bill upon which the Houses have disagreed and the President has notified his intention to summon a Joint Sitting of the Houses to consider the Bill prior to dissolution does not lapse on dissolution.
- A Bill passed by the two Houses of Parliament and sent to the President for assent does not lapse on the dissolution of Lok Sabha.
- A Bill returned by the President to Rajya Sabha for reconsideration of the Houses does not lapse if the dissolution of Lok Sabha takes place without the Houses having considered the Bill.