• The Andhra Provincial Ryots Association was started in 1928.
• Bihar Kisan Sabha in 1929 by Swami Sahajanand Saraswathi.
• The formation of the Congress Socialist Party in 1934.
• The All-India Kisan Sabha was formed in April 1936 at Lucknow with Swami Shajanand as President and N.G. Ranga as General-Secretary.
• The first session of the All-India Kisan Sabha was addressed by Jawaharlal Nehru. Others participants included Ram Manohar Lohia, Sohan Singh Josh, Indulal Yagnik, Jaya Prakash Narayan, Acharya Narendra Deva, Kamal Sarkar.
• A Kisan Sabha manifesto was finalized and this was adopted by the Congress at Faizabad session.
• The Kisan Sabha held its 2nd session along with the Faizpur Congress Session in 1936.
Peasant Movements during Indian National Congress Ministries (1937-39)
• In Bengal, Kisan Sabha activities included a successful agitation against Canal Tax in Burdwan, and the Hat Tola movement in North Bengal.
• This was against a levy collected by the landlords from peasants at hat (weekly market).
• In Punjab, Kisan Sabhas emerged in the early 1930s through the efforts of Naujawan Bharat Sabha, Kirti Kisan, the Congress and Akali acitivists.
• 2 Major issues were resettlement of land revenue and increase in canal tax or water rate.
• Major struggles broke out, especially after the Haripur session of the Congress in 1938, in Jaipur, Kashmir, Rajkot, Patiala, Hyderabad, Mysore, Travancore etc.