2008 - APPSC Group 1 Mains - GENERAL ESSAY PAPER I
Time : 3 Hours Max. Marks : 150
1. What is 'Drought' ? What are the implications of drought ? Discuss the various steps taken by the government in this regard. How do you tackle the problem if there is drought continuously for three years ?
2. Analyse reasons for the decreasing proportion of female population in India and suggest solutions to contain this trend.
3. Write an essay on the Economic Crisis, Structural Reforms and the Prospects of Growth in India.
4. Explain the history, governance and politics of the European Union.
5. Discuss the importance of Indo-US nuclear agreement. Analyse the causes for its opposition, and state whether Hyde Act curtails India's independence in foreign policy.
6. Write an essay on the recent achievement of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) which has launched 10 satellites by PSLV-C9.
7. Discuss the pros and cons of Special Economic Zones (SEZs) in Andhra Pradesh.
8. Write an essay on the implementation and operation of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme in Andhra Pradesh.
9. Discuss the working of Panchayati Raj in Andhra Pradesh with a focus on devolution of powers to local bodies.