|Andhra Pradesh Population Census 2011 - Urban Population Overview|
- Fourth largest state by area
- fifth largest by population
- Total polpulation of 8.47 crore inhabitants.
- The State accounts for 7% of the country’s population.
- Rate of Growth of population during 2001-11 which has come down to 11.1 percent compared to 14.6 percent in the previous decade 1991-2001.
- 66.5% of the total population lives in rural areas while 33.5% live in urban areas.
- The Sex Ratio in the State, up from 978 in 2001 to 992 in 2011, is higher than All India ratio of 940 in 2011.
- Child Sex Ratio (CSR) remains a concern as the state has registered a decline by 18 points in CSR from 943 in the 2011 Census from 961 in 2001 Census
|AP Census 2011|
- Area: 275,045 sq km
- 5 categories of soils spread across 9 Agro-Climatic zones.
- 2nd longest coastline in the country with a length of 974 km.
- The State has a Forest area of 63,814 Sq.Kms as per the Forest records, which accounts for 23.2% the total geographical area.
- Andhra Pradesh historically called as the "Rice Bowl of India" and continues to be the largest producer of Rice in the country.
- Leading producer of cash crops like Tobacco, Groundnut, Chillies, Turmeric, Oilseeds, Cotton, Sugar and Jute.
- Horticulture outputs like finest varieties of fruit like mango, grapes, guava, sapota, papaya and bananas.
- Has witnessed development in sectors like IT and Telecom and continues to be a preferred destination in the country.
- The State is an important tourist hub both for national and international travelers with several holy pilgrim centres, ports, rivers, beaches and hill stations.