- A quantity of 10 Kgs. of food grains (rice) is provided per month free of cost to the beneficiaries covered under the scheme.
- The beneficiaries were identified during Grama Sabha
- Male or female should be 65years or above.
- The applicant should be a “destitute” in the sense of having little or no regular means of subsistence from his/her own source of income or through financial support from family members or other sources.
- Funds are currently released to the State Departments of Food & Civil Supplies (F&CS;) in one instalment This Department then ties up with the Food Corporation of India (FCI), to release foodgrains districtwise on payment of the cost of Foodgrains at CIP rates directly to the FCI offices.