- The Pauranic genealogies refer to the kings of 'Andhra-Jati'.
- While some Puranas style them as Andhrabhrityas.
- The Nanaghat and Nasik cave inscriptions and coins discovered in the Deccan mention the names of several kings of 'Satavahana-Kula'.
- On the basis of names, some scholars identified the Satavahanas epigraphical records and coins with the Andhras of the Puranas.
- On the contrary, the Puranas never use the term 'Satavahana' and the inscriptions and coins do not refer to the Satavahanas as the Andhras. On the basis of this, some scholars strongly objected to the identification.