- The percentage of cultivators had declined from 22.52% in 2001 to 16.47% in 2011. At the district level.
- Adilabad has the highest number of cultivators at 27.48%, and the lowest in Hyderabad.
- Andhra Pradesh has lost significant number of farmers in the last one decade.
- The percentage of cultivators had declined from 22.52 per cent in 2001 to 16.47 per cent in 2011, according to the primary census abstract of the State released here on Friday.
- At the district level, Adilabad has highest number of cultivators at 27.48 per cent and lowest in Hyderabad
- The number of agricultural labourers had increased by 40 per cent.
- The number of main workers (who worked for six months or more during the reference year) was over 3.30 crore and about 2.41 crore of them were in rural areas.