|AP Economy GDP Growth Trends since formation in 1956|
- However, it broke past the conventional growth trends around 1980-81 and turned vibrant over a period of time.
- The average annual growth of the economy of the State until the beginning of 80s was a little over 3%
- Afterwards a moderate performance during the Ninth Five Year Plan (1997-98 to 2001-02) when the state registered a growth rate of 5.6%
- But in the Tenth Five Year Plan (2002-03 to 2006-07) to register impressive growth of 8.2%.
- The state with its growth propelling strategies and investment enabling policies could sustain the growth momentum even during the 11th Plan, going on to surpass All-India GDP growth rate by few notches.
- The strength of fundamentals of the economy is evident from the remarkable transition to a high growth path, which was achieved in the recent years.
- Various strategic initiatives put in place by the State, by and large have improved the living standards of people including those living at the lower echelons of the society.