Advertisements

September 30, 2014

Quiz 18- Chemistry-General Science: General Knowledge Question & Answers

171 Q) "Consider the following substances 
I. Toilet soap 
II. Toothpaste 
III. Vinegar 
IV. Baking soda 
Which of the substances given above is/are mixture in nature?"

(a) I, II, III and IV
(b) I, II and III
(c) I and III
(d) III and IV

172 Q) Gold is mainly extracted by

(a) carbon reduction
(b) self reduction
(c) electrolytic method
(d) Arndt forrest cyanide method

Bit Bank from Various Competitive Exams, General Science Chemistry, Physics & Biology Questions asked in Many Civil Service Exams with Key, Quiz on General Knowledge, GK Test,  Questions & Answers for UPSC IAS, SSC Tier 1, , Bank PO Clerical, Railway RRB, APPSC & TPSC
173 Q) "Consider the following statements 
I.Cloud seeding is an attempt to change the amount of precipitation. 
II.The most common chemicals used for cloud seeding include silver iodide, dry ice and liquid propane. 
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?"

(a) Only I
(b) Only II
(c) Both I and II
(d) Neither I nor II


174 Q) "Consider the following statements 
I. Generally, diesel engines operate well with a cetane number from 40 to 55. 
II. Alkyl nitrates (principally 2-ethyl hexyl nitrate) and di-tert-butyl peroxide are used as additives to raise the cetane number. 
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?"

(a) Only I
(b) Only II
(c) Both I and II
(d) Neither I nor II

175 Q) Which one of the following petroleum refinery products has the lowest boiling point?

(a) Kerosene
(b) Gasoline
(c) Diesel
(d) Lubricating oil

176 Q) Which one of the following is an element?

(a)Topaz
(b) Diamond
(c) Ruby
(d) Sapphire

177 Q) The bond which is present between water molecules is

(a) electrovalent bond
(b) covalent bond
(c)hydrogen bond
(d)van der Waals' bond

178 Q) Which one among the following agents is added to domestic LPG cylinder to help in the detection of gas leakage?

(a) Methano
(b)Ethanol
(c) Thioethanol
(d)Chloroform

179 Q) Which allotropy of carbon is in rigid three-demensional structure?

(a) Graphite
(b)Fullerene
(c) Diamond
(d)Carbon black

180 Q) Guncotton is used as a propellant or low-order explosive. Chemically the gun cotton is

(a)potassium hydroxide
(b)cellulose sulphate
(c)cellulose nitrate
(d)calcium phosphate

Advertisements

No comments:

Followers