The report submitted by Dhar commission led to much resentment among the people. As a result, in the Jaipur session of 1948, Congress appointed a three member committee to consider the recommendations of Dhar Commission. This committee also rejected the linguistic factor of reorganization of the states. This committee recommended the reorganization of States on the basis of security, unity and economic prosperity of the nation.
Q) Which commission made the recommendations which formed the basis for the Punjab Reorganisation Act which created the states Punjab and Haryana
A) Dhar Commission B) Dass Commission
C) Shah Commission D) Mahajan Commission
Q) Sort the Order of the following Commissions
1. JVP Commission 2. Fazal Ali 3. Dhar Commission
A) 3,2,1 b) 1,2,3 C) 2,3,1 D) No of these
Q) Q) Which commission rejected the formation of new states n the basis of language?
A) JVP Commission B) Fazal Ali Commission
C) Shah Commission D) Nanavati Commission
- Adhoc Committees of Parliament
- Dhar Commission -1948 on Reorganisation of States
- Constitution of India - Full Bare Text in PDF
- ద్రవ్య బిల్లు అంటే?
- 380+ Pages Class Notes on Indian Constitution in Telugu Medium for UPSC, APPSC & Bank PO Exams
- Special Status of Jammu and Kashmir- Features of Article 370
- Political Defections/ Anti-Defection Law of 10th Schedule
- Linguistic States of India (TM)